Our rich heritage of fostering True Brothers and treating new members as equals has endured for many years. Lambda Chi Alpha strives to create an environment that fosters brotherhood.
To do so, we have multiple brotherhood events every semester ranging from camping trips to football tailgates.
No Pledges Or Hazing
In the early 1970’s, Lambda Chi Alpha was the first fraternity to eliminate pledging, when it pioneered the national fraternity education and training curriculum called the Associate Member program. It’s all about equality and respect…
Our Associate Members (AM’s) can take on a leadership role from day one. An AM can run for any office (except for ritualist) and vote on any matter other than issues involving our ritual and initiation.
In just eight weeks, AM’s at Iowa State learn about Lambda Chi Alpha, its history, what we strive for, and how we’re organized.
AM’s learn how we function as a group, how we govern ourselves and how we develop leaders for our chapter, our campus and our country.
Lambda Chi AM’s also learn how our core fraternity values relate to real situations in the fraternity.
As an AM at Lambda Chi Alpha, you’ll build a solid foundation for further growth and become inspired to become a True Brother.
When living at Lambda Chi Alpha, members receive the following benefits:
- Rooms that hold 2-3 people with an adjacent to suite-style bathroom
- Provided desks, closets, built-in dressers, and loft beds
- individually controlled central heating and A/C unit between suites
- Free parking spaces
- Internet: Ethernet cables and wireless capability
- Cable: Free cable available in all rooms with all HD channels
- Free laundry with three washers and three dryers
- Nine hot meals per week plus a daily breakfast
- 24/7 kitchen w/ leftovers, snack foods, sandwiches, available for in- and out-of-house members
- Available study areas and meeting conference areas
- BBQ’s and Tailgates held in the fall and spring
- Available annual academic scholarships
- Regional and International leadership conferences
Our house has a maximum capacity of 60 men and has 54 parking spaces. We differentiate ourselves by not having “cold air” rooms. Rather than every member sleeping in one room and having a separate desk and closet, each member shares a room with 1 to 2 other members.